A pliable thin bread topped with juicy, perfectly spiced ground meat that’s made in minutes and will please your taste buds.
2.5-3 dozen pie
7 cans Pillsbury Grands Butter Tastin’ (8 per can)
2 lbs. ground beef (80% lean)
32 oz. plain yogurt
10 oz. pomegranate molasses
1 tbsp. sea salt
1 tsp. black pepper
1/2 cup lemon juice
1. Chop sweet onions finely. Use a food processor. So much easier.
2. In a large mixing bowl mix ground beef, yogurt, pomegranate molasses, onions, sea salt, black pepper and lemon juice thoroughly.
3. Grease a half sheet bakers pan with melted butter. Flatten 6 dough circles on the pan to about 6″diameter. Create a border around the dough to hold the mixture in place during cooking and for aesthetics. Do this by folding up a 1/4 bead of the dough around the edges, pinching it as you go to form a”braid.”
4. Spoon and spread the meat mixture ensuring that all the dough is covered up to the border. Finish by sprinkling pine nuts on the top.
5. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cook pies for about 10-15 minutes until dough bottom and edges are golden brown.