These cookies are the best soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies! They are slightly crispy on the edges and soft and chewy on the inside. This recipe is my all-time favorite cookie recipe, and once you try this recipe, it will also be your favorite recipe.
Makes 14 large cookies or 16-18 medium sized
1/2 cup (100g) Brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup (50g) White sugar
1/2 cup (115g) Unsalted butter, softened
1 large Egg
2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
1½ (190g) All-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon Baking soda
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup (160g) Chocolate chips or less if you prefer
1. In a large bowl, beat melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Beat until creamy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add egg, vanilla extract and beat until combined, scrape the bottom and sides as needed.
3. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Add flour mixture into the butter mixture. 1/2 at the time, mix until combined.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. At this stage if dough is too soft, cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
7. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). line two baking trays with parchment paper.
8. Scoop the dough onto a prepared baking sheet, leaving at least 3 inches (7.5 cm) of space between the cookies.
9. Refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
10. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until slightly golden around the edges.
11. Allow to cool before serving.