I made two versions of this ice cream, this raspberry version and a tart cherry version. I was fully expecting to love both versions, but after tasting them both is was clear that the raspberry version was so much better. That’s not to say the cherry was not good, but every time I went to get ice cream I choose this one. Something about this combination of lemon ice cream and raspberries was such a winner in this ice cream. Creamy, tart lemon ice cream accented by tart raspberries make a delicious summer treat.
Raspberry Lemonade Ice Cream
half and half
zest from 3 lemons
freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 3 lemons
heavy whipping cream
1 1/2 cups
- Place freezer safe container, for storing the ice cream, in the freezer.
- In a large bowl whisk together the half and half and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- While whisking add in the lemon zest and lemon juice. Whisk until well combined.
- Gently whisk in the heavy cream just until mixed.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- During the last five minutes of churn time add in the frozen raspberries.
- Remove storage container from freezer and transfer ice cream into it. Put lid on and freeze.