Thick and creamy homemade pudding is flavored with egg nog making this sweet dessert a delicious holiday treat. This pudding taste good without the whipped cream, but tastes even better with it.
Egg Nog Pudding
2 1/2 cups
heavy whipping cream
unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg nog and heavy whipping cream. Set aside.
- Sift the sugar, corn starch and nutmeg into a medium saucepan and whisk together. Add in the egg yolks and whisk until well combined and smooth.
- Slowly pour the egg nog mixture into the saucepan while whisking constantly, until well combined.
- Heat the mixture over medium heat, while stirring constantly, until the mixture has thickened and begins to boil, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the rum extract and butter until melted and smooth.
- Strain the pudding through a fine mesh sieve into a medium bowl.
- Cover the bowl with a piece of plastic wrap that is placed directly on top of the pudding.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight or until the cold.
- Serve topped with whipped cream.
*Adapted from Queenslee Appetit.