Have you ever saved a pin on Pinterest and when you went to make the recipe the link associated with the pin no longer works? This is what happened with this recipe. Thankfully I had looked at the pin recently, so I remembered some of ingredients and quantities and just used my knowledge of ice cream making to create the ice cream.
Holy moly, is this ice cream super yummy. I enjoyed this ice cream ever night until it was gone. The coffee flavored ice cream mixed with 3 different kinds of chocolate and the dulce de leche swirl is beyond delicious.
Caramel Mocha Ice Cream
half and half
2 1/2 tablespoons
milk chocolate chips
semi-sweet chocolate chips
white chocolate chips
can dulce de leche
- Line a baking with parchment paper.
- In a small microwaveable bowl add the milk chocolate chips. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir well. Microwave in15 second increments stirring well after each increment until the chocolate is almost melted. Stir well until completely melted.
- Pour the chocolate onto the parchment paper and spread into a thin even layer.
- Repeat this process with the semi-sweet chocolate and white chocolate.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set up.
- Place freezer safe container for storing the ice cream in the freezer.
- In a large bowl add the half and half, sugar and espresso powder. Whisk until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Whisk in the vanilla extract and heavy whipping cream.
- Pour the mixture into your ice cream machine and churn according to manufacturer’s directions.
- When there is about 5 minutes left of the churning time, remove one of the chocolates from the refrigerator and use a knife to chop the chocolate into chunks. Use the parchment paper to pour the chocolate chunks into the ice cream maker. Repeat with the remaining chocolates.
- Take the storage container out of the freezer and transfer 1/3 of the ice cream into it. Drizzle half of the dulce de leche onto the ice cream and using a knife gently swirl the the dulce de leche and ice cream together a few times.
- Spread another 1/3 of ice cream on top and drizzle with the remaining dulce de leche. Using a knife gently swirl the the dulce de leche and ice cream together a few times. Top with the remaining ice cream.
- Cover the container and freeze.