My kids and I were talking about sandwiches they could have for lunch and I mentioned how I loved peanut butter and banana sandwiches as a kid. I also mentioned they could use tortillas instead of bread and they both had no desire to use a tortilla, let alone have a have a peanut butter and banana sandwich.
Then I had a thought, peanut butter and banana tastes good together, but Nutella and banana would taste even better. Turns out I was right, the combination of Nutella and banana with a crispy tortilla and cinnamon sugar topping, is an easy yet very delicious dessert.
Banana Nutella Quesadillas
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
unsalted butter, softened
ripe bananas, sliced
- In a small bowl stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Spread one side of each tortilla with the softened butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Flip the tortillas over and spread the other side with Nutella.
- Top one half of each tortilla with the banana slices and fold each tortilla over the banana slices.
- Place the tortillas into the hot skillet and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.