|When I started making yogurt in my instant pot awhile back, I’ve never stopped. When one batch is gone I make another. It’s not a sweet yogurt and for me, it needs a little sweetness. I started out with a drizzle of honey, fresh fruit, and my homemade granola. It’s delish that way but I needed some variety. Swirling a dollop of homemade fruit preserves is just what this yogurt needed! It’s a perfect consistency to swirl in and adds the perfect sweetness. So far I’ve made a batch of strawberry and blueberry. It’s also delicious on toast!|
- 4 cups strawberries, hulled and halved or quartered if large (or blueberries)
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- In a saucepan heat strawberries on medium heat for 5-8 minutes to release their liquid (easier to stir in sugar).
- Turn heat down to low, add sugar and stir until dissolved. Add lemon zest and juice.
- Increase heat to medium and bring mixture to a slow boil.
- Stir frequently mashing the strawberries as you stir, continuing to a slow boil until jam is thickened about 20 minutes.
- Transfer jam to tightly lidded jars (leave a little room on top for expansion when freezing) and let cool to room temperature.
- When cool store in the refrigerator for about 2 weeks (or freeze for 3 months)
*Additional tip: If you have a thermometer when the jam reaches 215 F, it’s ready.