Skip to main content
Date Tahini Cake
- 1½ cup pitted dates
- hot water
- 60 grams (¼ cup) unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup (120g) brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup tahini
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Toasted nuts or sesame seeds for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F),
and prepare your cake pan by generously greasing it with butter. I used a springform pan.
- Soak the dates in hot water for 5 minutes or longer and then mash them until smooth. Set aside
- Sift your flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and the set aside.
- With a mixer beat your butter and sugar until creamy, then add the eggs. Continue to beat until smooth.
- Fold in the tahini and date paste and thoroughly combine.
- Then fold your dry mixture into the wet. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and coat the top generously with toasted nuts or sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 35-45 minutes.