This Anise Kaak (Kaak bi Yansoon) is delicious, crunchy, not too sweet, and much better than store bought.
FLOUR: 2 CUPS
CUSTARD POWDER: 1/4 CUP
BAKING POWDER: 1 TBSP
ANISE, GROUNDED: 1 TBSP
ANISE SEEDS: 1 TBSP
NIGELLA SATIVA + SESAME SEEDS: 1 TBSP
SALT: 1/4 TSP
SUGAR: 3/4 CUP
VEGETABLE OIL: 1 CUP
1. Sift Flour, custard powder, and baking powder. Add grounded anise, anise seeds, nigella sativa, and sesame seeds then mix.
2. Using a large bowl, add the eggs, salt, sugar, and vegetable oil. Beat the ingredients well.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the mixture in two batches and Mix well until you get a soft paste.
4. Spread the dough in a greased baking tray.
5. Bake at a temperature of 350 F for 25-30 minutes heat from below then from above.
6. Take it out of the oven and cut into slices.
7. Place Kaak on a tray lined with butter paper. Return to the oven heat from above until golden brown.
8. Enjoy with a cup of tea 🙂